On Throwback Thursday I like to share some older poems and posts of mine.
Because it’s World Suicide Prevention Week, I have chosen to share some of my informational posts about suicide, depression and PTSD.
Yes, I know that I have shared this before. But I don’t think that I can ever share this enough.
I think that it’s very important that we stand up, break the silence, know the signs and don’t judge but CARE!
You can find the posts by clicking on the links below.
Battling an All Ending Monster – an informational post about suicide, prevention and signs
Battling a Memory Monster – an informational post about PTSD
A Monster called Depression – an informational post about depression
Battling a Damaging Monster – an informational post about Self-Harm
To read more about this subject, check out THIS post.
Diamond poem I wrote with my sweet friend Juulz—>http://jullianiskool.wordpress.com/
Jullian is an very talented writer and a lovely friend. ❤
Go check out his blog!
Diamond duet poem I wrote with Edward–> http://tatroedward.wordpress.com/ An awesome young poet who is one of the kindest and amazing souls I have ever met.
Thank you for writing with me Edward! ❤
Check out his blog! You won’t regret it!
Hurray! I have received some awesome awards once again! 🙂
Vijay—> http://halfeatenmind.wordpress.com has nominated me for The Liebster Award!
Thank you so much my amazing friend! I am honored and grateful! You are a great friend!
•You must link back to the person who nominated you.
•Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
•Nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
•You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
•You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated.
The ten questions:
1. What inspired you or motivated you to begin blogging?
I needed a outlet for the feelings that were building up inside of me for so long.
2. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
That’s a hard one! I have several family members, my love and a couple of great friends who are all deserving of that title.
3. If you were to open up your own restaurant, what kind of cuisine/s would you have and what features would it have i.e. bar, jacuzzi?
Italian! And of course a bar and a dance floor! 🙂
4. Where did you last go for holiday (vacation) and what activities did you do over there?
I went to the south of Holland. I wrote, read, did some swimming, enjoyed the sun and sat at a campfire with my family at night.
5. If you are working, what do you most like and hate about your job? – for those who are unemployed, retired or otherwise not currently in the ‘employment market’, what do you like/hate about not working?
I love my job! I am a writer now so I basically love everything about it lol. Except from editing. I hate editing! 🙂
6. If you were a cartoon character, which one would you be?
Hmmm, I guess Garfield because I hate Mondays and I love lasagna! 😉
7. If I was to visit your city/town/village/hamlet, where would you show me as a tourist attraction and why?
The beach! Because it’s a great place to hang out and have some fun!
8. What is your most treasured personal possession?
My laptop and my Nikon! 🙂
9. Name one really eventful thing that happened in your blogging career?
O my, that are a lot! Well, I think the most eventful thing that happened is that I am about to publish my own poetry book. 🙂
10. What is your favourite song of the moment?
I always have more than one lol. ‘My Immortal’ by Evanescence. ‘Bleed it out’ by Linkin Park. ‘Rock ‘n Roll Ratt’ by Rosie and ‘Happy’ by Pharrell to name a few.
11. What is your favourite aspect of the Half-Eaten Mind. It can be anything, general or specific, content-wise or design-wise.
I absolutely love the articles on Half Eaten Mind! Very informative. I also really like the retro look. 🙂
And the nominees are:
Eric–> http://hunt4truth.wordpress.com/ has nominated me for The Paragon of Fine Art Award!
Wow! Thank you so much! This is a lovely award for sure! Especially because it’s inspired by Ajay, a friend of mine who I really adore. I am honored. 🙂
Rules for the acceptance of this award:
- Along with the acceptance of the PFAB Award please post anything that would express your love for art, it may be in a form of a painting, a photograph, an illustration, a poem or essay, anything done for the love of art.
- Choose 6 bloggers who should merit the said award.
- Notify the deserving bloggers of the award, let them know the rules.
- Acknowledge the presenter of this award by linking back.
- Pin the Ajay-inspired badge on your blog.
A Diamond Poem about art
Six fun and art loving bloggers:
Jixi Fox–> http://jixifox.me/
Barbara–> http://idealisticrebel.wordpress.com/ has nominated me for the Being a Light in the World Award!
Thank you so much my friend! I am very honored and humbled!
Barbara is also the creator of this wonderful award!
In her own words:
I’m creating this Award to celebrate all those wonderful people in the World who spread Light, and Love and Hope and Peace in the name of All. These bloggers should consistently promote these qualities and work to be a force for peace and light in the world.
1.Thank the person who gives you the award
2.Spread this award around to the people who you know who are doing this work, so that the work continues and the light is spread
3.Let your nominees know
4.Never give up on your fellow human beings
Of course you don’t have to accept an award, just know you’re appreciated!
Lots of love,