My dear friends,
I would like to ask a favor of you all…and I normally don’t do favors, but this is not for me.
Most of you who are following me, also know my brother of heart Shane from http://shanesbookblog.com/
And so you must be wondering where he is and how he is doing.
My dear bro is going through some rough times right now and is still not feeling well enough to blog again.
He is fighting against some darkness and we all know that can be one hell of a battle.
But he is strong and I know he can push through.
So, the favor I want to ask of you:
Will you please take a moment to think of him and send him your love and strength?
Please, feel free to leave him a message right here and I will make sure he gets them.
He can really use your support right now, guys. Give him the strength to continue fighting as you did with me.
Lots of love,
A brother is a friend that Life gave you.
A best friend is a brother that your heart chose for you.
When I started blogging, I didn’t expect anything of it at all. (well, I didn’t know what to expect either) 🙂 And I certainly would never have thought that I would make some great friends along the way too! Ever since I started to receive your lovely comments and your appreciation in the form of awards, I wanted to do something back for the WordPress community. So, I made an award myself! To show you all how grateful I am and to share a little love. Hope you all like it! (Yes, yes I know. Yet another award to consume your time, but you can’t say it ain’t special, though!) 😉
The Semper Fidelis Award
I created this award because I wanted to do something special for my friends on WordPress.
Semper Fidelis is Latin and means Always Loyal. Loyalty means the world to me. I am very loyal myself, but I’ve got major trust issues as well. And I think trust is very important if you are sharing so much of yourself with people you meet through the internet. So I am working on that! 🙂
Why the wolves? Because wolves have very strong ties with their pack. Like a family or a great group of friends. And I just love them!
This award stands for the loyalty and love between friends.
- Add the Semper Fidelis Award logo somewhere on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 5 bloggers who’s loyalty and friendship you value and you consider being part of your ‘pack of wolves’ on WordPress.
- Post something special for each one of your nominees and dedicate it to them. This can be a quote, saying, poem, picture, anything you think that would fit that person.
- Let the nominees know that you’ve nominated them.
My loyal nominees (yes, I know I said 5. This is to get things started!) 🙂
Dedicated to Shane
My brother, my hero. You really are a member of my pack of wolves, inside and outside WordPress. I love ya.
Dedicated to Charles
Never ever change! You are awesome! Thanks for being my friend.
Dedicated to Saunved
So much fun to have you around. A nice garden full of flowers just for you! 🙂
Dedicated to Kira
My sweet WP sister! Thank you for being you, Kira. Sending you unicorns!
Dedicated to Ajay
May the sun always light up your path
May your kind heart always guide your way
Dedicated to Sheryl
My niece, my friend. Love spending time with you. You are my warrior maiden. I love you.
Dedicated to Ionia
Sending you a guardian angel my friend. And a lot of hugs as well! Thanks for your humor and your great spirit!
Hope you all like this new award! I know it’s a handful, but I think our friends are worth it!
Lots of love,
Wow! I am truly flabbergasted this time! 11 awards, really??? I am not worthy of this, my friends! Really, I am not. But I am honored beyond words. ❤
All of the awards I receive are special for me. I am grateful for each one and want to thank you all so much for your support and friendship.
Thank you so much, sweet Wyndy http://wyndydee.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the Super Sweet Blogger Award! I really don’t deserve this one, I am not sweet at all! But I am still grateful though! For you, on the other hand, it really is the perfect award. You have a kind heart and a beautiful blog.
A big thank you to my friend L.Marie http://lmarie7b.wordpress.com/
She nominated me for two awards! Thank you so much for the Wonderful Team Member Award and the Versatile Blogger Award! I feel honored to receive these awards from you, because you are such a great and talented friend!
Vijay http://halfeatenmind.wordpress.com/ has nominated me for 7 awards! That’s just…well, I am out of words right here! (and that almost never happens!) 😉
Thank you so much for nominating me for the:
1. Sunshine Award
2. Wonderful Team Membership Award
3. Liebster Blog Award
4. Super Sweet Blogging Award
5. Dragon’s Loyalty Award
6. Shine On Award
7. Best Moment Award
It is a big honor to receive these from such a wonderful blogger like you!
And I got also nominated for the Best Moment Award by my pal Shaun http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com/
Thank you Shaun, for being you and sharing all those great posts with us. You are amazing. (yes, don’t argue with me, you just are!) 😉
Although I never do an award post for an award I already received, I will make an exception for this one. I just want to nominate some people who really supported me the last week. So this would be a great opportunity to thank them!
My Acceptance Speech
Thanks again, Shaun and Vijay. I am grateful for this award because I really believe in living life to the full! Make every moment count for as long as my heart is still beating. Being grateful for every day, how hard times may get. I had my fair share of bad moments, but because there are always people there for me to show me the light again, I can still say that the good moments outnumber the bad! And I will make sure they always will. For all of my friends: Live life now, this is not a rehearsal! Go chase your dreams, don’t back down and never, ever give up! ❤
- Winners re-post this completely, with their acceptance speech. That could be written down or video recorded.
- Winners have the privilege of awarding the next awardees! The re-post should include a NEW list of people, blogs worthy of the award, and winners. Notify them the great news.
- What makes a good acceptance speech?
- Gratitude. Thank the people who helped you along the way.
- Humour. Keep us entertained and smiling.
- Inspiration. Make your story touch our lives.
- Get an idea from the great acceptance speech, compiled in MomentMatters.com/speech
- Display the award’s badge on your blog/website, downloadable in MomentMatters.com/Award
My nominations (this part is becoming harder and harder for me)
1. Kira http://wrestling-life.com/
2. Shane http://shanesbookblog.com/
3. Charles http://legendsofwindemere.com
4. Jane http://johannisthinking.com/
5. L. Marie http://lmarie7b.wordpress.com/
6. Daphne http://dmariedoucette.wordpress.com/
8. Jason http://theboyhero.com/2013/05/06/
9. James http://detectingblackpool.wordpress.com/ (yes, I know you don’t take awards. Just had to name you)
10. Georgia http://bastetandsekhmet.wordpress.com/
12. Ionia http://readfulthingsblog.com/
13. Anne and Monty http://mydogablog.com/
14. Vickie http://kayuk.wordpress.com/
15. Tim http://frontrangescribbles.com
16. Melissa http://melissajanda.wordpress.com/
17. Toria http://toriascribbles.wordpress.com/
You really turned my dark moments into light ones recently! I can’t thank you enough for that.
Of course you don’t have to accept the award. But I really want to show you some love and appreciation!
Lots of love to all of you!