Here we are again! Time to feel good!
Ever heard of the expression: A smile goes a long way?
Well, that’s true!
Let me bore you for a moment with some scientific blabbering…
Most of us have almost forgotten how to laugh. On an average day, an adult barely laughs five times, whereas a child who has no tension, laughs 150 times.
Hmmm, those are some sad numbers, we have to work on that!
So, what do smiling and laughing do for you?
- Laughter dissolves distressing emotions. You can’t feel anxious, angry, or sad when you’re laughing.
- Laughter helps you relax and recharge. It reduces stress and increases energy, enabling you to stay focused and accomplish more.
- Humor shifts perspective, allowing you to see situations in a more realistic, less threatening light. A humorous perspective creates psychological distance, which can help you avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
Okay…so to be clear: Smiling and laughing make us FEEL GOOD! That will be our goal for this week: smile and laugh as much as you can and share this with others!
Enjoy the quotes!
Lots of Love,