It’s a long time ago since a posted a ‘How to’ for you guys. O well, let’s say life got in the way! 🙂
Anyway, I hope you’ll have fun with this one!
Photo editing programs can be a bit hard to work with when you are not used to them.
IPiccy is a free program on internet that’s very easy to use and has a lot of great possibility’s.
With this How To I am going to introduce you to this program with a step by step instruction.
- Photo editing program IPiccy. (use for free on internet). Just go to http://ipiccy.com/ and start editing. 🙂
- Photo or picture you would like to edit with a saying or poem..
- Saying or Poem.
- Open IPiccy by going to http://ipiccy.com/ (pic. 1)
- Click on ‘Start Editing’.
- In your Photo Library you can find your previous uploaded pictures. (pic. 2) If you are using this program for the first time, it will be empty of course. IPiccy remembers all the pictures you upload, so if you return next time, you can always re-use your pictures. Just save IPiccy to your favorites.
- Choose ‘Upload photo’ and choose your picture from the directory of your computer. (pic. 3) Open it.
- Your picture will be uploaded to your Photo Library. Double click on the picture you want to edit. (pic. 4) The program will open that picture.
- In the next window (pic. 5) you can start editing your picture. You can use photo effects, adjust the size, insert text and other pictures and lots and lots more. Just choose the ‘Layer’ button for now. (pic. 6)
- Here you can insert text, pictures and stickers. (pic. 7) First, we are going to add another picture, so choose the ‘add photo’ button. (pic. 8)
- If you already have uploaded some pictures, they will be displayed in the menu on the left. Otherwise, you have to choose ‘upload photo’ first. The picture you upload will be added to the menu. Click on the photo you would like to add and drag it to the big picture.
- You can adjust the size of the second picture by dragging the lines surrounding it. To replace it, just click and drag the entire picture. (pic. 9)
- On the left menu you can adjust the picture you added. I am going to fade it a bit so it will be part of the big picture. Just drag the balk where it says ‘fade’. (pic. 10)
- When you are satisfied with the added picture, we are going to add some text. (you can always adjust the picture some more later on by clicking on it again) Click the ‘add text button’. (pic. 11) On the left you see a box where you can add your text. Your text is going to be displayed in the middle of your picture, always in black, but you can adjust the size and color later. Just type the text you want in the box on the left.
- When you are done typing, choose the colored box to adjust the color. (pic. 12) Below the colors you can adjust the font. Try some of them out until you find the right one.
- Let’s edit some more text! You can give each piece his own color, size and font and drag it around to the place you want it to be in your picture. With the button’s on top of the page, you can always go a step backwards. (pic. 13)
- Finish editing your picture with text. (pic. 14)
- Now, click the Photo icon on the top menu. The program will ask if you want to merge the layers. *Attention* when you choose ‘yes’ you can’t go back editing the layers anymore! So if you are certain, choose ‘yes’. (pic. 15)
- In the next window you can adjust the size of your picture to fit your blog. I mostly use large pictures because of the quality and then adjust the size to about 1000 pix wide. That is a nice size for a blog. (pic. 16)
- When you are all done, choose the save icon on the top menu. You will get another window where you can change the name of your picture and choose the save destination on your computer. Don’t forget to adjust the quality to 100%! (pic. 17)
- IPicci will save the picture for you and then asks if you would like to continue editing the picture. (pic. 18) If you choose ‘yes’, you will go back to your previous picture. If you choose ‘no’, you will go back to your photo library.
- Save your work in-between.
- Try different things to see what goes best with your style.
- Pay attention to the readability of the text!
- Be creative and Have Fun!
If you are trying this out, I would love it when you place a link by this post to show off your work! 🙂
Lots of love,